Why won't my iPhone 5 (ios v7.1.1) take Panorama pics anymore?

I

iMore Question

I was able to successfully create panorama pics with my iPhone 5, but now it simply will not do so. Is it because I updated my ios to v7.1.1? Is there any fix for this?

Thank you,

DonaldS

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried using any of the 3rd party pano apps? Have you tried going to Settings - General - Reset and then selecting "Reset All Settings" just in case a rogue setting is to blame?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What is v7.1.1? If the reset all settings does not work, try a hard reset. Hold the top power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
If all else fails, a good 3rd party pano is Photosynth.
Photosynth by Microsoft Corporation
https://appsto.re/us/OzKOz.i

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

DonaldAS

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
JustMe'D - -Thank you for your reply. I haven't done the >Settings >General >Reset because I was advised that doing that, (Hard Reset) would delete all the info on the phone. i.e Phone numbers, email addressess, etc.

DonaldAS

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Ledsteplin - - iOS 7.1.1. is the OS I currently have on my iPhone 5. I do not want to update it to the v8.0.0 until I know more about it. I did do a Soft Reset, anyway I thought it was the Soft Reset method, doing the, "Hold the top power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release." At any rate, doing that didn;t change anything as far as the Pano is concerned.
Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
JustMe'D - -Thank you for your reply. I haven't done the >Settings >General >Reset because I was advised that doing that, (Hard Reset) would delete all the info on the phone. i.e Phone numbers, email addressess, etc.

You're very welcome, but the warning you were given is incorrect. "Reset All Settings" will only reset "settings" to their native state. What that person was referring to is "Erase All Contents and Settings". That will indeed erase all non-native data and apps on the phone, but that is NOT what you need to do for this. At least not at this time....:)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Ledsteplin - - iOS 7.1.1. is the OS I currently have on my iPhone 5. I do not want to update it to the v8.0.0 until I know more about it. I did do a Soft Reset, anyway I thought it was the Soft Reset method, doing the, "Hold the top power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release." At any rate, doing that didn;t change anything as far as the Pano is concerned.
Thank you for taking the time to reply.
A hard reset will not delete content or harm your phone either. It's done quite a bit to fix a variety of issues.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

DonaldAS

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Ledsteplin, JustMe'D - Thank you, I appreciate your help. Still unable to do the Pano thing with my iPhone 5. I'll keep at it.

DonaldS

Tony F1

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Because you are trying to take the panoramic pic the wrong way. If you go against the arrow it will only take one frame

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods