Why is my iPhone 5 Mail app constantly popping up Password Incorrect?

I

iMore Question

iPhone 5 Mail app constantly pops up "Password Incorrect"

Since ungrading my iPhone 5 to iOS 8 a couple of weeks ago, the mail app constantly pops up a box telling me my password is incorrect and prompts me to enter the correct password. I do this and the mail downloads properly only to get another popup Password Incorrect box soon after. This happens everytime the phone screen goes off and I turn it back on and it sometimes happens WHILE I am using the mail app after having just entered the password.

I have two emails in the app and this problem is only affecting the Exchange account (which is my work email thru a vpn). The other is an IMAP account and doesn't have this problem. Of course, the password in Settings is correct and I have re-entered it multiple times. Interestingly, I can also check this email account on my iPad (also recently updated to iOS 8) and this problem does NOT occur on the iPad. I have deleted the email account from the phone and reinstalled it but to no effect. I have tried searching the internet for a solution but haven't found a good answer specific to my problem. Again, this started immediately after installing iOS 8 on the phone. Please help as this is truly annoying. Thanks,

Phillip

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: iPhone 5 Mail app constantly pops up "Password Incorrect"

Have you updated to the current version of 8.0.2? If not, try that first.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro