How can I bypass activation on a new 5c?

bethel95

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I got a new Verizon 5c several months ago (so it's running some version of iOS 7) that I'm keeping as a backup phone. I'd like to use it on Wifi (like a Touch).

How can I bypass activation so that I can do this?

(No, I don't want to just activate it then switch back to my current phone--trust me that this would cause problems that I don't want to deal with.)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If there is no wireless service with the device and you are able to connect to Wi-Fi, then you should be set. However, if you're referring to the activation then you need to enter the correct credentials to bypass it. If not, you will not be able to use the device.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I got a new Verizon 5c several months ago (so it's running some version of iOS 7) that I'm keeping as a backup phone. I'd like to use it on Wifi (like a Touch).

How can I bypass activation so that I can do this?

(No, I don't want to just activate it then switch back to my current phone--trust me that this would cause problems that I don't want to deal with.)

The only way to activate a device with the cellular carrier is to use a valid SIM for that carrier.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
What the OP can do to use the device on Wifi only is put it in airplane mode, then turn on wifi manually - it will not connect to the cellular network at all, and should function on wifi satisfactorily provided they can enter creds that will satisfy any needed...