Why is my iPhone 5 not getting charged?

I

iMore Question

Why is my iphone 5 not getting charged?

My i phone 5 is not detecting any of the lightning cables either through a wall socket or from a computer. The phone is not getting charged at all. I gave the phone to an authorized apple service center, they replaced the charging port of the i phone 5, but still they are saying that the phone is not getting charged. Please help me on this issue. Which of the part would have gone bad? Is it possible for me to replace that part.

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why is my iphone 5 not getting charged?

Are these Apple certified cables and chargers? Also is the wall-sockets that you have tried getting power? Sometimes you need to flip a switch.

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why is my iphone 5 not getting charged?

Yes they are Apple certified cables and the power sockets are working fine. Even they tried it by connecting to apple computers.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
If the charging port was replaced, I would think that would be the culprit. I don't think the cables have anything to do with it, as they work on other devices.

I am assuming the original charging port was not working, which is why you had it replaced. Maybe it is something else inside the phone that effects the port but isnt the port itself...?

I would think an authorized apple service center would be able to determine the problem, but I guess not! I was going to suggest dust in the port before reading your whole post!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen