I have a 16gb iPhone 5, tried to download ios8 (wifi)but didn't have enough space, so deleted all pictures, 3/4 of my apps, still didn't have enough space.....Found out on line can download ios8 thru itune so plugged it in took literally 24 hours (2x) no message showing any errors or anything, but on my iPhone still shows ios8 still has not been downloaded ??? PLS HELP. It is very frustrating, what is going on?
    10-06-2014 02:08 PM
  2. Just_Me_D said: Best Answer

Try the following procedure, but understand that the entire iPhone will be wiped of its data so make sure you have backups of your photos, music, videos, documents, etcetera somewhere on your computer or in the cloud somewhere.

1. Make sure your computer is connected to the internet
    2. Download and install the latest iTunes version on your computer.
    3. Put your device in Recovery Mode.
    4. After the process has finished, the latest version of iOS 8 should be installed on your device.
    5. After selecting the language and entering any Wi-Fi network credentials, you will be prompted to set up your device as new or restore from a backup. Select the one you prefer.
    Try the following procedure, but understand that the entire iPhone will be wiped of its data so make sure you have backups of your photos, music, videos, documents, etcetera somewhere on your computer or in the cloud somewhere.

1. Make sure your computer is connected to the internet
    2. Download and install the latest iTunes version on your computer.
    3. Put your device in Recovery Mode.
    4. After the process has finished, the latest version of iOS 8 should be installed on your device.
    5. After selecting the language and entering any Wi-Fi network credentials, you will be prompted to set up your device as new or restore from a backup. Select the one you prefer.
    10-06-2014 02:16 PM