iphone 6 iOS 8.0.2 mysteriously wakes up and shows unknown document on siri screen. Wifi off, hotspot off. Any theories?
    10-06-2014 01:34 AM
    Hi and welcome to iMore.

When you say an unknown document, could you be more specific please?

Have you tried looking through Settings > Notifications and seeing what apps have permission to post to your lockscreen? Usually these sort of things are the issue.
    10-06-2014 05:27 AM
    Welcome!
    Funny you mentioned this because one of my kids noticed this on my 6 yesterday. It just woke up to the lockscreen for no apparent reason. Sigh. IOS 8 has been horrible.
    10-06-2014 06:25 AM
    I was sitting watching a program and I noticed my screen light up. It wasn't a notification banner but some kind of doc discussing investment stuff. I started to scroll and siri asked "what can I help you with." I don't use the stock app on my phone and limit most things in settings. My notifications are limited to texts, emails, calendar, USGS.
    10-06-2014 12:21 PM
    The other things that has been happening are several freezes on different apps and renaming my iPhone in Settings - General - About.
    10-06-2014 12:24 PM
    You could try turning Siri off and see what happens.
    anderld47 likes this.
    10-06-2014 12:56 PM
    Turn your Siri off or turn siri off on the lockscreen. This will fix your issue until a permanent fix has been released.
    anderld47 likes this.
    10-06-2014 01:23 PM
    So I went to settings and turned off Siri. Then went to my email and tried to open it (my internet is via my hotspot) but nothing was happening. Went to Settings and shut off Hotspot then tried to turn on Airplane mode (Apple used to recommend this for slow Hotspot). Screen was frozen. Did a restart and things seem fine. Think this is iOS 8.0.2 or could the hardware be an issue? Thanks in advance.
    10-06-2014 02:36 PM
    I am not sure what I experienced was a Siri thing. My screen just turned on for no apparent reason, with no notification whatsoever. I have Siri on, but she was not active when my screen mysteriously turned on.
    10-06-2014 03:54 PM
    Siri wasn't active on mine either until the phone woke up on its own and presented the Siri screen with the doc on it. When I tried to scroll the doc to see what it was, that's when the doc disappeared with Siri asking what she could help me with. All this without touching the Home button. I pressed the Home button and it went to the home screen. Only thing that would completed it would have been some eerie music.
    10-06-2014 06:46 PM
    Was it like an ad for something?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    10-06-2014 06:50 PM
    I don't think so, but not sure. I tried scrolling to see what it was and Siri came on. My settings only allow location for certain apps and no ads or services. I'm going to wipe and reload everything tomorrow when I can get to a wifi. It just locked up a couple minutes ago and I had to do a reset.

Ps. You guys were the first concert I ever went to….Berkeley Community Theater 1971.
    10-06-2014 07:21 PM
    Mine was doing that last night. I found it was thinking I was saying "hey siri" and kept activating
    10-08-2014 12:00 PM
    Mine also mysteriously vibrates. SMH.
    10-09-2014 07:25 AM
    Ok, so I've turn Siri off. Screen behaves however now has gone back to doing same. Lighting up again and no notifications arrrrgggghhh!! Any further tips??? Cheers
    11-02-2015 05:22 PM
    Ok, so I've turn Siri off. Screen behaves however now has gone back to doing same. Lighting up again and no notifications arrrrgggghhh!! Any further tips??? Cheers
    What have you done other than turning Siri off? Have you tried a reboot?
    Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.

Have you gone through all your notifications to see if there is anything there that may cause it?
    Did you try turning off all apps for lock screen notifications? Then turn one on at a time?

If you've done all this and still have the problem, you may need to restore your phone as new. Not from a back up. The problem may be in the back up.
    11-02-2015 08:27 PM
    I am having exactly the same problem as you with my iPhone 6 Plus.

All I can figure out is that when I unlock the iPhone after It's display light up there is a message in a box right in the middle of the screen (on Home screen) with about 3 lines of text and with one button, but it's only there for a split second.

I haven't been able to read it yet. Did you find out what is causing this? Very mysterious...
    01-22-2016 03:28 AM