when trying to watch a video it states the native player does not work.
    10-03-2014 09:09 PM
    A similar thread can be viewed via the following link.

http://forums.imore.com/ask-question...less-plus.html

The device's website state the following:

Can I play files from my Seagate Wireless Plus on my iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch?
    Yes. Files can be played via Wi-Fi. Videos in formats that are compatible with iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch can be streamed using the Seagate Media app or an internet browser. Unsupported video formats can be played back using a third party media player of your choice. Also, videos can be converted to a playable format on the computer using a third party application before copying the files to the Seagate Wireless Plus.
    For instructions on how to view and play your media, please see pages 7-9 of the user guide.
    Source: Seagate Wireless Plus - frequently asked questions

Have you followed the instructions found on pages 7 - 9 of the device's user guide?
    10-03-2014 09:19 PM
    Unfortunately for the time being you are out of luck. Since the upgrade to iOS 8 you can no longer stream iTunes purchased videos. I am not sure of this is an attempt by apple to exercise tighter control or if it is a bug seagate has yet to fix. In any case seagates instructions are out of date because it did work with iOS 7. Sorry I cannot provide you with better news but it better that you not waste your time. Seagate like most tech companies is reluctant to announce bad news.
    10-28-2014 08:08 PM