i have a message to upgrade to IOS 8.0.2

I

iMore Question

but says it can't be done because i don't have enough memory, i have 5.0 GB with 2.7 available and it says it needs 4.7 to upgrade, what do i need to do? thanks do I need to buy more memory or just not upgrade

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Were you able to update to iOS 8 without problem or did you just get the phone? The iOS updates have nothing to do with the iCloud memory. It usually means that the amount of the OTA download is larger than the amount of free space you have on the device.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Do it through iTunes.

If you update through the phone, the update is downloaded directly onto your phone and then installed. Once it's installed, it'll wipe the installation files and you can carry on as normal.

If you update through iTunes, then your computer will download it and install it onto your phone, so you will need way, way less space on your device to install it.

If space is at a premium, use iTunes to downkload and install the update, rather than doing it 'over the air.'

bill44237

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
since I'm a mental midget can anyone explain how to download to the computer then on to the phone. sorry to be so handicapped. thanks to all

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Download iTunes, plug in your iPhone, and it will prompt you to do everything. Just make sure you backup first.

Download will take an hour depending on internet speed.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
since I'm a mental midget can anyone explain how to download to the computer then on to the phone. sorry to be so handicapped. thanks to all
You could just remove stuff from the phone, giving you more space. Delete apps and music. They can be downloaded back afterwards. Move you photos to the Shared Photo Stream, or to apps like Box and Dropbox. This gives you the space you need to install iOS 8.0.2 over the air. (OTA). Or use iTunes.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77