Why is it that my 5s battery runs down in 4 hours after latest update?

I

iMore Question

My 5s battery runs down in 4 hours after latest update

the battery will run down in 4 hours with no use after the latest update to 8
I have close all windows and shut down notifications, charged it 8 hours and the next day by noon it is at less then 20 % without using it at all

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: My 5s battery runs down in 4 hours after latest update

did you turn off auto-brightness and bring down the brightness midway? That usually helps!

Also, notifications and seeing the all "include" one you have turned on for various apps can drain the battery as well.

Hopefully that works for you!

Randy

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My 5s battery runs down in 4 hours after latest update

Y'all be sure to turn off that stuff in system services. Location Based Alerts uses geofencing. You'll see the icon in the status bar. Turn that off. It uses a lot of battery.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412195541.177113.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site

Also did you restore from a backup or anything? Sometimes things get corrupt. Have you tried letting the battery completely die and the device turns off then charging all the way back up again? Final thought would be that the battery is shot. You can typically get them replaced for around $50 or so depending on your area.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Definitely check your settings, see what's running in the background and what other services you have running. And you should always give devices about a week to let new updates settle before really judging battery life. You can always try redoing the install and setting up your iPhone as new.

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

Y'all be sure to turn off that stuff in system services. Location Based Alerts uses geofencing. You'll see the icon in the status bar. Turn that off. It uses a lot of battery.
View attachment 66997

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Does location based alerts include severe weather alerts in my area?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods