Why can't I receive audible notification from other iPhone users? I do with non-iphone users.

I

iMore Question

I get audio notifications when I receive text messages from people who do not have iphones, but no audio notifications when person has iphone. What is up with that? Anyone else have that problem?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That doesn't make any sense and I've never encountered anything like that. Try rebooting your iPhone. Perhaps select the "Show Alerts From Everyone" option in the Message settings.

Queeniemary

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I am wondering if the person with the iphone sending the message has to have upgrated to the IOS 8.0.2. My daughter has an iphone 4, and cannot upgrade. It is her audio notifications I am not receiving. My sister in law has an iphone 5s and has upgraded, and I get her audio notification when she texts. That does not make sense to me either, but have checked everything I know to check.

Queeniemary

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Well, now I feel pretty stupid...just discovered that under details on my daughters name on messages, the mute button had been pushed. Don't know when, or how. Was not on purpose. Audio notifications from her now working fine. Sorry to bother!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2