Does my phone have a trojan/virus??

I

iMore Question

Hi, everybody. I have been using the battery app and on there you can clean up cache, etc... Yesterday I hit a link to look at mods for GTA SA and it brought up iTunes. Me not thinking went to download San Andreas and entered my pw. I got nervous and changed the PW and set up two-step for my account. I had deleted the app as it was downloading. I then went into the battery app to clean up memory and at the bottom as it scans through the apps Chinese letters popped up as if it was itself an app. I have never seen this before. I did also just download ios 8 last week but yesterday is the first that I remember seeing his. I got nervous so I did a full factory restore and started as a new phone and downloaded just needed apps and this did not include SA. I opened the battery up this morning and did a memory clean and sure enough it is still there. Is this something I should worry about? I did a full factory restore. I am not sure what else to do. Please advise! Thank you!!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. What iDevice do you have?
2. What iOS version are you running?
3. What country are you residing in?
4. Is your device jail broken?
5. You can put your device in recovery mode or DFU mode to have iTunes install a fresh copy of the latest iOS version for your device. Afterwards, you can set it up as a new device instead of from a backup. This should be the route you take, in my opinion, but it's your device, your time and your choice...:)

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi there

If you are not jailbroken and did not try to load apps from elsewhere other than iTunes then you are fine. A factory restore will wipe the slate completely clean anyway.

I'm not sure what you mean by opening the Battery App. There isn't a battery app pre-installed so have you got a third party app? If so, that might explain the Chinese letters.

If you mean you went to Setting > General > Usage > Battery Usage, that lists all the apps you have installed and their corresponding battery drain. If you see the Chinese letters in there, then it's a third party app. If that is the ccase, do you recognise the app icon?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox