So apparently when I backup my iPhone 5s and setup the iPhone 6 from backup, that does not transfer ringtones

So I figured that I just plug the iPhone 6 into my mac and use iTunes to sync up the ringtones, but it won't let me. It wants to completely wipe and sync up the whole thing first. I'd rather not as that will create a mess with all the apps, music and photos.

I tried using iTools (a 3rd party software) to move ringtones over. It worked when I went from iPhone 4 to iPhone 5s but will not work on iPhone 6/iOS 8. I'm assuming it's not compatible with the new iOS.

Anyone know how I can easily move ringtones over to the new iPhone 6?

Thanks!!!
    09-24-2014 04:32 PM
  2. Highrisedrifter said: Best Answer

I created a ringtone as per the guide thread I wrote and it backed up to iTunes and appeared in the 'Tones' tab. I take it you have a 'Tones' tab?

When I upgraded to the iPhone 6, the Tone was available for me to sync from the tab just like I would sync any pictures, movies or music.
    I created a ringtone as per the guide thread I wrote and it backed up to iTunes and appeared in the 'Tones' tab. I take it you have a 'Tones' tab?

When I upgraded to the iPhone 6, the Tone was available for me to sync from the tab just like I would sync any pictures, movies or music.
    09-25-2014 11:06 AM