How can I resize a photo to use as a wallpaper in iOS 8?

I

iMore Question

I am still having the same difficulties in resizing a photo to use as a wallpaper. I pinch it and it snaps back. I've read countless forums with work arounds. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
re:

I will PM you a promo code (free) for my app Fix My Wallpaper. Inspired by the iMore forum users I made it last year. I had many copy cats within weeks but my take on it works for me. Anyone else want a code please let me know. Thanks to the iMore forum users! You rock.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
re:

Actually I've never resized a picture. I just use set as wallpaper and the phone does it.
I know, I'm lazy...

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
re:

It forces a minimum size where the wallpaper is your image from the top to the bottom of the phone. So you can't shrink the picture down smaller then that. Many of us want a picture to be in the middle of the phone and not stretch from the very bottom and top of the phone.

This is by Apple design presumably so you can't have dead space below or above your picture. This coincided with the home button double tap change and the parallax effect.

Someone may have thought this wouldn't look good so they added this restriction.

Cheers.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Here is an example of how I want it to look:

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1411590426.976905.jpg

JJFLOOD

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
re:

Thanks for the info. I do already use that app and love it. I wasn't sure if there had been a fix with iOS8. Thanks Again!

Edna Cannon

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
It is horse s*%# that apple refuses to fix this bug, in order to force people to buy or download apps to do it for them.... Horse s**+! Makes one want to switch to anything else. Out of principal.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything or buy anything. It's a matter of personal preference versus Apple design.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Mama3ca

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Scatabrain...I would love a code! Just upgraded to ios8 and having probems shrinking photos to use for my contacts. Cheers!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711