How can I resize a photo to use as a wallpaper in iOS 8?

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I have a batch of codes that worked as of 3 days ago. Apparently they are now expired. Will make a new batch tomorrow. Stay tuned. I won't forget to PM you within 24 hours with codes. Thx.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Decided to make the app free. Should show up soon at new low, low bargain price. Hopefully iMore fans still find it useful.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Any advice on what I could add appreciated. Thanks for trying it. I am a wallpaper freak.

It was easy with only one resolution size of 640x1136. Now there's two new big sizes. Taking a low resolution and making it larger just makes the image a bit fuzzy. Also, large size wallpapers shared through apps will lose their resolution. A 6 Plus wallpaper of 1080x1920 will be reduced to 576x1024. But I don't think what your app does will be affected by any of this. I have yet to look at your app, but will. It looks interesting. I can achieve the same results using other apps, but yours cuts out some work. I did this in about 6 or 7 minutes, but I had to use 4 different apps.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414035765.236266.jpg

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
It was easy with only one resolution size of 640x1136. Now there's two new big sizes. Taking a low resolution and making it larger just makes the image a bit fuzzy. Also, large size wallpapers shared through apps will lose their resolution. A 6 Plus wallpaper of 1080x1920 will be reduced to 576x1024. But I don't think what your app does will be affected by any of this. I have yet to look at your app, but will. It looks interesting. I can achieve the same results using other apps, but yours cuts out some work. I did this in about 6 or 7 minutes, but I had to use 4 different apps.
View attachment 69190

The app is intended to make wallpapers for the phone you are using.

It does work on bigger phones but I need to do some more testing with it zoomed vs not etc. I have seen it save once not quite as payed out in app but haven't recreated problem successfully to figure out when this happens.

Request: please don't share the picture of my child. Thanks for understanding.

Cheers.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The app is intended to make wallpapers for the phone you are using.

It does work on bigger phones but I need to do some more testing with it zoomed vs not etc. I have seen it save once not quite as payed out in app but haven't recreated problem successfully to figure out when this happens.

Request: please don't share the picture of my child. Thanks for understanding.

Cheers.
Sure thing. I thought it a random photo from the Internet.

Lynne2105

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Can I please get the code? I have a new iPhone 6 running 8.1.1 and it is so frustrating as I have a new grandson and love changing my wallpaper with pictures of him! Thanks so much!

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Can I please get the code? I have a new iPhone 6 running 8.1.1 and it is so frustrating as I have a new grandson and love changing my wallpaper with pictures of him! Thanks so much!

The app is free for now. Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Sorry about that. It needs some tweaking for ios 8 and 6 and 6 +.

What I do for now is move them around a bit and re-save until I approximately what I want.

Hopefully will find time this year to give it TLC. Busy on 2 apps right now that can't wait.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods