I've filled up my 5gb of free iCloud space. I can not afford to upgrade my storage.
    I would like to remove most of the old photos from iCloud, so it has room to back up new pictures that I take.
    I would also like to do this without deleting them from my iPhone.

Is this possible?
    09-24-2014 07:05 AM
  2. Ledsteplin said: Best Answer

I've filled up my 5gb of free iCloud space. I can not afford to upgrade my storage.
    I would like to remove most of the old photos from iCloud, so it has room to back up new pictures that I take.

Is this possible?
    iCloud, itself, is not a storage service. It just backs up what you have on your phone. If you delete a photo from your photos, they also delete from iCloud. I use cloud based storage services like Box, Dropbox and OneDrive. Box gives you 10 free gb of storage. Upload your excess photos to those apps and delete them from your photos app. You can also go to settings>iCloud>storage>manage storage>Your iPhone>toggle off any unnecessary apps. There's no point in backing up some apps. They're in your purchased list in iTunes and can be downloaded again from there. Even the paid apps. Also check your messages. Delete messages you don't need. They take space. Also delete old notes from the notes app you no longer need. Delete old emails, especially those with photos or videos. There's a lot you can do to clear space in iCloud. Hope all I've said helps.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    You can either do a backup to your computer or load then to another cloud storage. Once you've done that and can be sure you've got them safely stored where you can retrieve easily you can delete them.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    09-24-2014 07:32 AM

Is this possible?
    iCloud, itself, is not a storage service. It just backs up what you have on your phone. If you delete a photo from your photos, they also delete from iCloud. I use cloud based storage services like Box, Dropbox and OneDrive. Box gives you 10 free gb of storage. Upload your excess photos to those apps and delete them from your photos app. You can also go to settings>iCloud>storage>manage storage>Your iPhone>toggle off any unnecessary apps. There's no point in backing up some apps. They're in your purchased list in iTunes and can be downloaded again from there. Even the paid apps. Also check your messages. Delete messages you don't need. They take space. Also delete old notes from the notes app you no longer need. Delete old emails, especially those with photos or videos. There's a lot you can do to clear space in iCloud. Hope all I've said helps.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    09-24-2014 07:48 AM