Hi

I can still see my contacts profile pic and last seen timestamp but when I sent messages a couple of days ago they have stayed at 1 check. How is this possible? Ive been trying to find an answer but no one seems to have addressed this issue. Ive read that if youve been blocked then you will not see the profil pic or time stamp. My messages have been at 1 tick for 2 days now. Anyone know what could be happening?Thank you
    09-23-2014 10:16 AM
    One check normally means that the other person has received it but has not read it. Have you checked with them to see if they read?
    09-23-2014 10:40 AM
    No I havent. The problem is that I believe, from what Ive read in the FAQ on Whatsapp as well as a lot of other resources that one check simply means the message has been sent to the server but not delivered to the receiver. Naturally I thought to check if I was blocked but I am not I can still see the profile pic and last seen time stamp). I have no idea why my message would be stuck on one check. I dont believe it has anything to do with the recipient reading it. Any other thoughts?
    09-23-2014 10:47 AM
    No I havent. The problem is that I believe, from what Ive read in the FAQ on Whatsapp as well as a lot of other resources that one check simply means the message has been sent to the server but not delivered to the receiver. Naturally I thought to check if I was blocked but I am not I can still see the profile pic and last seen time stamp). I have no idea why my message would be stuck on one check. I dont believe it has anything to do with the recipient reading it. Any other thoughts?
    Is it possible that the recipient no longer uses whatsapp? Have you sent it to anyone that has received it and shows the double check? The problem may be on the recipients end- You could delete the app on your end and re install
    09-23-2014 11:41 AM
    Well, I thought that too, but everyone else I sent messages to the same day received a double check right away. Also, the status of my contact's account is still active but looks like they haven't been on in a few days. I also did uninstall and reinstall and it made no difference.
    09-23-2014 11:46 AM
    Ive read that this happens to other people but have never found an answer to why it happens. The two main reasons Ive read a message isnt delivered is 1) youre blocked (in this case Im not), and 2) there is a problem with their connection. But I doubt the connection is a problem on their side for a couple of days.
    09-23-2014 11:48 AM
    I did find this n the WhatsApp FAQ page:

"If you only see a single check mark next to your message, there is likely nothing wrong with WhatsApp or your phone. There may be several reasons why your message is delivered to the server, but not to your chat partner:

Their phone might be turned off or their phone's battery might be dead.
    They could be sleeping, especially if they live in a different time zone.
    They may not be connected to the internet (for example, if they are in an elevator, roaming or have no data credits).
    They might have seen the notification on the screen, but did not launch the app to acknowledge message receipt (very common in case of iPhone recipients).
    They might have blocked you. "
    09-23-2014 11:51 AM