I have an iPhone 6 Plus and had an iPhone 5 which both shared the same issue.

My WiFi connects automatically on all the routers I have saved.(say 5 or 6)

But, I have a strange issue with my WiFi at work. It will connect and stay connected whilst I'm using the phone, but if I leave my phone locked for a period of time it will randomly disconnect. I say randomly because sometimes its minutes and sometimes hours.

I have tried numerous things such as rebooting phone, rebooting router, removing router from saved and adding it again. I have even wiped my phone and started again from scratch as this issue bugs the s**t out me, because I get poor cellular reception at work so notifications just don't arrive.

I was hoping that an upgrade to a new phone would make it go away but, nope its still doing it. Any help you lovely people can give would me muchly appreciated.
    09-22-2014 09:47 AM
    Is it possible that the Network administrators at work could be bumping devices from the network if it displays no activity after a period of time? I'm only speculating here, by the way...
    09-22-2014 09:51 AM
    Is it possible that the Network administrators at work could be bumping devices from the network if it displays no activity after a period of time? I'm only speculating here, by the way...
    That sounds likely. They could have a pretty aggressive timeout policy especially depending on how many IPs they have to hand out via DHCP.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-22-2014 09:53 AM