Why isn't my iPhone 6 not working in handsfree via bluetooth in honda accord 2011?

Ann Koehler

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I just deleted all phones from my Handsfreelink and also Reset all settings on my iPhone itself. I then paired my iPhone again with Handsfreelink and it is working perfectly again. Thank you!!

kayaksnow

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
There are a few of these threads over at apples forums as well. Please post over there with your issues. Hopefully this gets fixed. 2 hrs with apple care for 1 day of bluetooth working correctly and then stopping again does not work for me.

Everyone who has done the restore options, I would be interested to know if your phone gets messed up again with bluetooth like mine did after a day.

OLTURBO

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Got the Exact same issue on My Golf MK7 , talked to apple support , they sent me to VW to find if they have firmware update for the system... its clearly IOS bug , hopefully a patch will be available soon.

Jolene Lovett

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I Have a 4S and have been having the same problem since the update. I have already completed the steps you are talking about and it worked until Apple did the update to the update. So I did the items again and even set all settings back to default. Still not working! Getting really annoyed with Apple and their sloppy attempt to keep up with competitors and not fully testing and working out all the kinks before releasing to their customers. So honestly it has nothing to do with new 6 phone it is the update it self that is screwed up.

mchellec

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
The directions provided do not work for some luxury model vehicles such as the 2014 Acura RLX -- I've tried this several times and my iP6 is still not working. Older iPhones with iOS8/8.0.2 will work & neither Apple nor Handsfreelink will acknowledge a fix...

pjp729

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
my phone will connect and make calls but it doesn't read text messages anymore and the don't appear on the dash screen...tried everything

iNancy

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Here is my problem.

My first problem was that I wasn't receiving text messages on my car display.
So I did a "Reset all settings", "Reset all network settings", even did a factory restart on my 2015 Honda Fit EX.
My problem now is that no name shows up when a text message pops up. Anyone know how to fix this so I can see who sent me the message?

Flyingjetman321

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Just spent 40 minutes with Apple support going through this problem having unsuccessfully tried the various fixes stated above. In this order:

1. Ensure the phone is not plugged into the charger
2. Select Airplane mode ON
3. In Bluetooth, "forget' your car
4. Turn Bluetooth off
5. Re-boot your phone by pressing the home button and the on/off button together for at least 10 seconds or until you see the Apple logo (I believe iPhone 5&6 don't display the apple logo?).
6. Depending on model your phone will restart almost immediately, if not use the on/off button to restart the phone
7. Turn airplane mode OFF
8. Turn Bluetooth on
9. Re-pair your phone with your car

If this doesn't work, please call Apple support (excellent chat facility on-line), but it worked for me.

kparker51

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem. To fix it, delete any other phones u have had on ur car. Then completely start over pairing ur iPhone 6. It worked for me.

Susan Weil

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I also have an issue with the iPhone 6 plus but only with it reading the text messages. Phone calls are fine, it's only with the text messages. I have a 2013 Honda Accord, the iPhone 5 worked perfectly in the car with text messaging. I did call Apple support and they said it was the car. It's not the car. I thought maybe it would be fixed with an upcoming update, but it was not. :(
I guess it won't be fixed until after I switch to another phone.....Samsung Galaxy maybe?

Optional Optional

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
I have a CRV 2015 same problems, make sure you clear out your old iphone, it does not tell the difference,
found utube video to show how
then it works,
spent 2 hours and apple support to figure this out

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2