Backed up to icloud, then deleted - where are my photos?

I

iMore Question

Before installing IOS 8, I needed to make room on my phone, so I backed up my iphone 5s to the icloud and then deleted about 900 photos and videos from my Camera Roll. Then I installed the update. Now I don't see any of the ones I deleted from my camera roll. I've gone through every view possible in the Photo app, but they're still not there. There's only one video showing and it's the only one I didn't delete from my camera roll. Am I screwed?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Before installing IOS 8, I needed to make room on my phone, so I backed up my iphone 5s to the icloud and then deleted about 900 photos and videos from my Camera Roll. Then I installed the update. Now I don't see any of the ones I deleted from my camera roll. I've gone through every view possible in the Photo app, but they're still not there. There's only one video showing and it's the only one I didn't delete from my camera roll. Am I screwed?

Did you do a restore from the correct backup? I usually back up both to the cloud and to the computer *just in case.*

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue last week & thought I lost everything. When I connected my device to my MBA, all my pics showed up & I was able to import them to the computer. Try connecting your device to see if they show up. Good Luck