Hello,

I have recently did several types of repairs on the two of my phones - 4s and 5, here are a couple of issues I've been dealing with and I wanted to seek for an advice before going back and unscrewing the whole thing again.

iPhone 4s: my power button died conveniently one month after my contract's expiration. I replaced the button (came along with a speaker and a sensor). Everything works fine. The only issue is my sensor - when I talk it doesn't turn the screen off and I tend to touch buttons with my cheek. My auto-brightness works okay.

iPhone 5s: was given to me with a broken screen. I swapped the screen and now I have the same exact problem as my 4s (no dim when I talk) AND I have big time problems with my earpiece - it makes the sound choppy and I don't understand what people tell me.

I am not sure what is going on with the sensors on my both phones (could I have attached them wrong, or may be upon disconnection from the logic board I need to make some voodoo magic happening?). As far as my earpiece goes - it might have gone bad during the fall (the screen was all into pieces) or may be it is some connectivity issues?
    09-19-2014 11:51 PM
    Hello,

I have recently did several types of repairs on the two of my phones - 4s and 5, here are a couple of issues I've been dealing with and I wanted to seek for an advice before going back and unscrewing the whole thing again.

iPhone 4s: my power button died conveniently one month after my contract's expiration. I replaced the button (came along with a speaker and a sensor). Everything works fine. The only issue is my sensor - when I talk it doesn't turn the screen off and I tend to touch buttons with my cheek. My auto-brightness works okay.

iPhone 5s: was given to me with a broken screen. I swapped the screen and now I have the same exact problem as my 4s (no dim when I talk) AND I have big time problems with my earpiece - it makes the sound choppy and I don't understand what people tell me.

I am not sure what is going on with the sensors on my both phones (could I have attached them wrong, or may be upon disconnection from the logic board I need to make some voodoo magic happening?). As far as my earpiece goes - it might have gone bad during the fall (the screen was all into pieces) or may be it is some connectivity issues?
    At this point I think your best bet is probably to go to an authorised Apple repair shop.
    09-28-2014 10:37 AM