others messages are shown in my own iphone

I

iMore Question

My iphone has been used before from my daughter. Now I put a new number on it and I'm using it.I just updated the software to 8.0 IOS and suddenly all my daughter messages from other people are shown in my Iphone . What to do to deactivate her account in my Iphone ?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi there and welcome to iMore.

If you didn't factory reset the phone before taking it over from your daughter then her AppleID and iCloud details are likely to still be on there, hence you receiving her messages.

If you have just got hold of it from her, the best thing you can do is to create yourself a new unique to you AppleID and factory reset the phone through iTunes and start from scratch. It's the best way of ensuring that things don't get mixed up between you.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings - Messages and then disable iMessage. Wait a few seconds and then re-enable, but use YOUR Apple ID instead of your daughter's. Also, you might want to logout of iCloud if it is using your daughter's Apple ID, and then sign in with yours.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings - Messages and then disable iMessage. Wait a few seconds and then re-enable, but use YOUR Apple ID instead of your daughter's. Also, you might want to logout of iCloud if it is using your daughter's Apple ID, and then sign in with yours.

True, i'd still advocate a factory reset though. As i've seen on the forums, people who have taken over other people's phones have still had issues like this even with iMessage turned off and a new AppleID plugged in.

Still a good idea to do your method first but my personal choice would always be a fresh OS install when coming to a new-to-me device.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
True, i'd still advocate a factory reset though. As i've seen on the forums, people who have taken over other people's phones have still had issues like this even with iMessage turned off and a new AppleID plugged in.

Still a good idea to do your method first but my personal choice would always be a fresh OS install when coming to a new-to-me device.

I'm in full agreement with you, my friend....:)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2