Why does my home button acts in the manner of a double tap when I tap it once?

I

iMore Question

I've hard reset, and even a clean install and no fix.

When I have multiple apps open, say 2 or 3, I can click the home button "once" and it acts like a double click. Meaning, it takes me to the screen where I can swipe away or close the app. If I click it "once" again it takes me into the most recent app. If I click it "once" again it takes me back home. Weird right?

Before updating yesterday my phone ran like a top. Today it's just annoying. iPhone 5 btw.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
check under settings>>general>>accessibility. And look at settings involving the home button

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have 19 apps currently listed in the recently used app list and when I tap on the home button once, nothing happens. Try rebooting or as kch50428 suggested...:)

ICU812

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
There isn't anything in settings that fixes this. I've looked and looked.

Now it's even more weird. I can click the home button once and it flashes back and forth through the last app and to where it can be closed. It goes back in forth maybe 3 or 4 times and then goes back to the home screen.

ICU812

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
IMG_3191.JPGIt's all over Twitter too. We aren't alone. I knew I wasn't loosing my mind.

Last edited:

ryancell

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Double tapping home key goes to cards then zooms back in?

I'm on a 4s & when I enter multitasking app switching by pressing home 2x it goes to card view to switch apps but nearly instantly zooms back into the app I was just in. Almost as if u just hit home again. A few tries makes it work, but didn't happen until upgrading to 8. I thought it could be hardware but it seems 8 related?

Thinking about a clean install. Any ideas what caused this or how to fix it? Thanks

ryancell

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I did a clean install and no fix. Hope next update fixes it. Or they do it on purpose to make people buy iPhone 6. Frustrating

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh