Any hope? I lost all photos, contacts, etc. when updating to iOS 8

I

iMore Question

I updated from iOS7 to iOS 8 today for my iPhone 4S.
I also got a tip to update through iTunes so you wouldn't have to delete content to make room for the update.

While I was updating through iTunes, my phone suddenly went into recovery mode.

When my phone was back up and running, I chose to backup from another iPhone, which was an old back up from my current phone, but the back up was so old.

I plug in my phone often and everything usually gets backed up, but the back ups are from 2012-2013 and are useless.

I was wondering if there is anyway to recover my pictures, apps, notes, apps, contacts and etc.?

PLEASE HELP. It feels like a little part of me has died :(

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you back up your device often, either via iCloud or iTunes, then you should be able to restore with a newer backup. Go to Settings - General - Reset and then select "Reset All Contents and Settings". WARNING: Do this will erase EVERYTHING on it and revert the device to its native state. Afterwards, when asked if you want to set up as new or restore from a backup, choose a backup with a more recent date, if available. If one does not exist that contains the photos, then consider them lost. As for your apps, they can be found in the "Purchased" section of the App Store. You will not have to re-purchase them, and they will have a cloud icon next to them denoting that they have already been purchased. Your notes and contacts can be easily restored -- if -- they are associated with an email service like iCloud, Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook.com, etcetera. If they are, simply configure that email service on your device and then make sure the button is enabled next to contacts and notes. They will then sync to your device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2