Hello!
    I have a hobby podcast that I am currently editing on my mac mini with the audacity software. I spend most of my time editing by waiting. I will try to clip out a second of dead air or a 'pop' and have to wait 20-40 seconds for the system to execute. I've started rebooting my computer just before I sit down to edit and it helps, but not that much. I really don't do much else on this computer. A little internet surfing, e-mail but mostly I use it to edit. I love the mini (my first mac) but wondering should I look at upgrading the Ram (I bought it off the shelf at best buy - it's the higher end version, but not the server version ) or upgrading to an iMac or even a Pro Desktop.
    09-17-2014 10:47 AM
    How old of a system is it? If it's say 3 years or more old I would give serious thoughts to a new system. If it's less than 3 years old I would probably try the RAM upgrade. You MIGHT be able to get this web site to check your system and see what upgrade options you have (I have never tried it with a Mac, but I KNOW they sell Mac memory).....

Crucial.com - DRAM, solid state drive (SSD) memory upgrades for Dell, Mac, Apple, HP, Compaq, Lenovo, Acer, ASUS
    09-17-2014 10:53 AM