Does anyone have issues w/incoming calls not ringing via your car Bluetooth handsfree system?

I

iMore Question

Anyone have issues with a call coming in on ios8 not ringing via your car bluetooth handsfree system? It worked fine in my car until ios8GM. Any fixes? The call comes in on my phone but it is defaulting to my phone instead of the handsfree system. Iphone5, running ios8 GM.

TIA!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've had every iOS 8 beta installed, and I'm currently running iOS 8 GM. Audible notifications of incoming calls while connected to my car's Bluetooth function have been working flawlessly. Have you tried removing the device from your car's bluetooth setup and then reconfiguring it?

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your response. I have tried, even reset my network settings on my phone, deleted the pairing and tried again. No luck. IT was working fine until I installed ios8. If I answer the call, then switch to "handsfree system" on phone, it does work.

I just keeps defaulting to phone instead of handfree.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your response. I have tried, even reset my network settings on my phone, deleted the pairing and tried again. No luck. IT was working fine until I installed ios8. If I answer the call, then switch to "handsfree system" on phone, it does work.

I just keeps defaulting to phone instead of handfree.

You're very welcome, but I don't know what to tell you. The only problem I have (and it's minor) with my iPhone 5 being connected to my car's bluetooth function is with "notifications". Not phone call notification, however. If I receive an iMessage, my device will not alert me audibly unless I change the setting in the device's control center from my car's name to "iPhone." Afterwards, I hear all audible notifications but NOT through my car's speaker. Again, incoming phone call notifications are not an issue and I hear them without a problem via my car's speakers.

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
I am looking to buy the Kenwood KDC-BT562U to put in a Dodge Dakota extended cab. What would be the best sounding speakers for this truck and best car stereo system? And possibly not having to buy an amp, although he thinks that is what he wants.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2