Why firefox and chrome heating my laptop and safari isn't?

c2tarun

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi friends,

Everywhere on the internet I read that Firefox is ligher or Chrome is better and Safari is not good (this is consistent). But I feel that when I play youtube video in safari or I do normal browsing in safari my laptop runs around 35-40 degree centigrade. But when I try to play youtube videos on chrome or firefox my laptop's temperature increases to 75 degree centigrade.
What am I doing wrong?

I prefer using Chrome because of its integration everywhere, but I am ok with firefox as well. Safari I like most of the time but sometimes some extensions doesn't perform well on safari (eg: Lastpass).

Please reply
Thanks

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi there.

We need to know which laptop it is in order to be as helpful as we can. Do you have active or passive cooling in your laptop? If it's active cooling, do you hear the fan spin up at all at any time, just when you are using graphics/processor intensive programs, or not at all?

c2tarun

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi there.

We need to know which laptop it is in order to be as helpful as we can. Do you have active or passive cooling in your laptop? If it's active cooling, do you hear the fan spin up at all at any time, just when you are using graphics/processor intensive programs, or not at all?

Ohh, very sorry for incomplete information.

I purchased a 13 inch retina macbook pro on 9th Sept 2014 (its base model 128 GB SSD and 8 GB RAM). So its pretty new. I am using istats for monitoring temperature. When the temperature reaches 70 istat show that exhaust RPM is 1300 something. I don't know whether I have active or passive cooling, how can I check that? Technically my fan is so silent that I can't hear it, ever. :p
(lolz this may sound funny, during skype call I can hear sound of exhaust of other's laptops but not mine)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner