Hello there,

My Ipad is in recovery mode and it says to connect it to ITunes.
    When i go there is the option to restore.

My question is when you do that will it delete your data? It says it will restore you settings and more, does that include your photos?
    Our pet just passed away and the only pics we have of him are on the Ipad.
    So we really want to get those back.

Because my Ipad is in recovery mode I can't synch it with ITunes and I don't have any backup on the cloud because for some reason that didn't work for me or my Ipad. When you go to apple support it says it'll back-up automaticly but I'm not sure it will.

Does anybody know?

Thanks
    09-10-2014 01:40 PM
    using iTunes12? I'm having the same issue... I did get a back-up of the iPad prior to trying to install the iOS8-GM via iTunes...and now iTunes12 crashes when the iPad is connected to my computer.
    09-10-2014 02:02 PM
    I never had iTunes 12 itself crash but I went they several iterations of my phone going into recovery mode. Then I could use iTunes 12 to recover to 7.1.2 (I started with the iOS 8 beta 5). I then tried again with the same result to put the GM on. I tried both the Option-click on Update and the same on Restore. Eventually after recovering back to iOS 7.1.2 several times, I re-downloaded the GM from iTunes and it worked the first time. I think I just had a corrupted download.
    I did do an iCloud backup before I started and I was able to restore to that backup with all my photos and stuff after getting the GM on.
    09-10-2014 02:50 PM
    Resolved my issue... used AppZapper to remove iTunes12... installed iTunes11 - that wouldn't launch as it said my library was from a newer version of iTunes... launched the Mac AppStore and downloaded and installed iTunes12... iPad now in process of syncing...
    09-10-2014 03:08 PM
    Hello there,

My Ipad is in recovery mode and it says to connect it to ITunes.
    When i go there is the option to restore.

My question is when you do that will it delete your data? It says it will restore you settings and more, does that include your photos?
    Our pet just passed away and the only pics we have of him are on the Ipad.
    So we really want to get those back.

Because my Ipad is in recovery mode I can't synch it with ITunes and I don't have any backup on the cloud because for some reason that didn't work for me or my Ipad. When you go to apple support it says it'll back-up automaticly but I'm not sure it will.

Does anybody know?

Thanks
    Yes, the data on the phone will get deleted.
    09-10-2014 10:31 PM