Family Members with iPhones cannot send or receive texts from Android

drdeath91

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Some of my family are complete IOS users, and have recently discovered they cannot send or receive texts from the rest of us that are Android Users. This seems to be relatively recently. My sister-in-law has said that she recently updated to the latest version of IOS. I don't have a lot of information on what they have, but I believe they all have 5Ss (Verizon). It's my understanding that they turned on SMS in their settings as well. I use Google Hangouts with the integrated SMS feature on my Note 2, and when I try to send a text it comes back undelivered. When my wife uses the stock messaging app on her GS4, it just spins. What is really strange is I have a few friends with 4Ss (I think, they all look the same to me), and have had no issues. I searched the Forums, and could not find anything, but if anybody has any tips or other forum links that would resolve this, that would be great. TIA

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To send text messages to non-Apple phones, all the sender has to do is to go to Settings - Messages and then make sure that "Send as SMS" and "MMS Messaging" (if applicable) is enabled. Since SMS messages are handled via the carrier, as long as the person is using the iPhone owner's mobile number, he or she should be able to successfully send SMS messages to the iPhone owner. Have the iOS users go to Settings - General Reset and then select "Reset Network Settings". I am assuming the iOS user all have a mobile service plan....:)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro