Is there a way to reset the Apple ID security questions?

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I know it's kinda weird though and I'm even surprised I for the answers to my Apple ID security questions. Please is there a way to reset the security questions or how do I go about it?

Sent from my iPhone 5S Gold

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Help Please

I'm not sure what you're asking. What do you mean "rest the security questions"?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

Yes there is but I would advise using two step authentication instead. But you need to go to appleid.apple.com.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Yes there is but I would advise using two step authentication instead. But you need to go to appleid.apple.com.

Two step authentication is extremely easy to set up. Additionally, using strong passwords will mitigate any risk. Coupled, I feel absolutely secure in how I use my iPhone.

Lastly, Apple has already limited the number of attempts at a password in Find my iPhone.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Is there a way to rest the Apple ID security questions?

I still don't know what the OP means by "rest" the security questions. Do they mean "not use"? Or bypass?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

He most likely forgot them. You can reset them but you need to know them to reset them.

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site

Two step authentication is extremely easy to set up. Additionally, using strong passwords will mitigate any risk. Coupled, I feel absolutely secure in how I use my iPhone.

Lastly, Apple has already limited the number of attempts at a password in Find my iPhone.

Sorry yeah I meant reset

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site

He most likely forgot them. You can reset them but you need to know them to reset them.

In that case I can't reset them. Why? Because I don't remember them

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site

Please again I was asking if it's possible to reset the answers to the security questions not to reset my Apple ID password

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

Not that I know off. You would have to contact apple.

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site

Not that I know off. You would have to contact apple.

Okay I will do that. The reason why I need such a help is that sometimes if I try to download some apps from the AppleStore it redirects me to enter enter the answers to my security questions which i have forgotten n don't try downloading at all. Mostly are paid apps that are free for a limited time

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site

Okay I will do that. The reason why I need such a help is that sometimes if I try to download some apps from the AppleStore it redirects me to enter enter the answers to my security questions which i have forgotten n don't try downloading at all. Mostly are paid apps that are free for a limited time

That's strange, I've never ever had to answer my security questions when downloading apps, paid or free.

Sent from my HTC One Mate... I mean M8

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site

That's strange, I've never ever had to answer my security questions when downloading apps, paid or free.

It's only happens just for some paid apps that are available for free for a limited time. Never happens to any of the paid n free apps. This only has happened 3 or 4 times all paid apps that are available for free on a limited time . Really? Like I'm the only person having this weird "security question" drama?

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site

It's only happens just for some paid apps that are available for free for a limited time. Never happens to any of the paid n free apps. This only has happened 3 or 4 times all paid apps that are available for free on a limited time . Really? Like I'm the only person having this weird "security question" drama?

I've downloaded a few of those free for a limited time apps before and never had to answer those questions. If I remember correctly you live in China? Maybe it's a foreign thing, idk.

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site

I've downloaded a few of those free for a limited time apps before and never had to answer those questions. If I remember correctly you live in China? Maybe it's a foreign thing, idk.

Yeah I was thinking of that too. Maybe my location and that of my Apple ID are not the same country. Yeah I live in China using Apple ID US. Maybe that can be the cause of it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods