Hi friends, I purchased 13 inch Macbook pro last week. It has 8GB RAM and 128GB SSD. It was working fine yesterday. Today I can feel it is getting warm on even on normal use like browsing chrome with 4-5 tabs open and no other application running.
    I downloaded istat application and in it I can see only speed of Right Side fan and it is runnning at speed of 1299 rpm.
    Please see the attached screen shot.

Macbook Pro heating up.-screen-shot-2014-09-03-2.27.44-pm.jpg

Please reply is it normal or should I get my laptop changed.

Note: the speed in top panel is in degree centigrade.
    09-03-2014 02:30 PM
    MacBook computers do get warm on occasion, depending on usage, what its set on, etcetera. Having said that, if you feel that the heat is abnormal, and if you bought the MacBook new, then make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to get it exchanged.
    09-03-2014 02:36 PM
    It's probably normal if any of those Chrome tabs had flash content running. Over wise, see above comment.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-03-2014 02:38 PM
    Okay, thanks for replies.

Can you please explain what is meaning of "Right Side" in istats pro? It is showing some rpm, I am not able to understand meaning of right side.

Okay I want to report one weird behavior, now my macbook is operating at 33C and I have approx 10 applications opened like keynote, pages, vlc, sublime, preview, evernote, sunrise calendar, chrome and safari. And when I plug in my laptop its temperature increased from 33 to 43.
    Now I opened four more tabs in chrome, temp increased to 58.
    I played a video on youtube in chrome, temp increased to 60
    Is chrome always this heavy?
    Last edited by c2tarun; 09-03-2014 at 06:57 PM. Reason: more information.
    09-03-2014 06:44 PM
    Yes to Chrome. It's a beast. It should be better in the near future because Google's going to push out a 64-bit version soon.

You have more than one fan in there, so I assume right-side just refers to the location of the fan.

If it helps, here's my iStat menus sensor readings. I have lots of things loaded but nothing actively working hard. Temps in F.
    Attachment 63912
    This is a late 2012 rMBP.
    I've seen the cpu core temps up over 200 during video conversion processing.
    09-03-2014 07:23 PM
    Okay this means that my left side fan is not working. I need to take an appointment to apple store. Thanks a lot for sharing the screen shot.
    09-03-2014 07:28 PM
    Okay this might be the most ridiculous thing anybody would have done, but I want to share it here so that other's don't do it.
    First thing, 13inch macbook pro have only one fan on right hand side. I should have checked out on internet before posting here, my bad.
    So I thought that my macbook is not working properly, so I went to apple store to exchange it. There I found that macbook air is also using 1440 by 900 which I normally use on Macbook pro (I don't use max resolution because it is too small for me to read). So I brought macbook air with me thinking that display would be same. And this was my biggest mistake. After spending a week on retina display I can see the blurriness around the characters, around icons, low colors and lot more. After struggling with macbook air for a week, today I went again to apple store and exchanged it with another macbook pro
    I am not saying that macbook air is bad, but I don't know why, it was really difficult for me to adjust to its pixel density after working on retina screen for a week
    09-09-2014 08:40 PM