ipad air only plays purchased songs

I

iMore Question

Hi,
I've synced twice to my PC and it will get my whole library on the ipad and play it but after a day it goes away and only purchased songs are available.
How can I save my whole library to the ipad? I've got home sharing if that matters, and my library is not very big...1,000 songs.
Thanks for any help. It's an Ipad air, btw....purchased in July.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! I assume you mean music from your iTunes library. Correct?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

VictoriaGB

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
It will sync them and they'll be on the ipad for a few hours/overnight, but they'll be gone the next day.
What's left will be only the purchased songs. Last night I tried syncing again to see if I could do something different but I couldn't get them to show up on the ipad at all. I wondered if they're hiding somewhere under an alias? (haha, but really, I've looked everywhere on the ipad that I can think of.) Thanks for any suggestions. When I read the "match" description, it sounds like you're being asked to pay a yearly fee to have access to any and all of your music, not just the purchased ones.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
That's very weird. On the computer the songs are listed in the library and are checked to sync?

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

VictoriaGB

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
yes...and it recognizes the ipad and says it's syncing....and under settings, it says show all music, yep. When I click there on Sharing..the name "Vicky's library" comes up, as it does when I click on icloud...which tells me I have 4.9 GB of space available, but I don't see any music listed in the library.
Hope this makes sense....

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Hmm I honestly don't know. How old is the ipad? Do you still have apple phone support

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro