Hey anyone on this lovely forum i have a iphone 5s that need to be restored so its ready for ios 8. but how do i do it withput problems just DFU or what and how to i check my host file?

Thx
    08-30-2014 05:35 AM
    Bump hoping for help.
    08-30-2014 05:04 PM
    Up date your iTunes on your computer, connect the iPhone to your computer and in iTunes hit restore. It will restore the ios to factory state witch will be ready for ios 8.
    But, you can wait until the ios 8 is made available and restore your iPhone to ios 8 the same way as describe above without issues. Notice that in both cases, you will be losing your jailbreak. Remember to backup your iPhone in iTunes before factory restoring it. Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    08-30-2014 05:13 PM
    Up date your iTunes on your computer, connect the iPhone to your computer and in iTunes hit restore. It will restore the ios to factory state witch will be ready for ios 8.
    But, you can wait until the ios 8 is made available and restore your iPhone to ios 8 the same way as describe above without issues. Notice that in both cases, you will be losing your jailbreak. Remember to backup your iPhone in iTunes before factory restoring it. Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    The jailbreak kinda bugged the phone anyway
    08-31-2014 04:29 AM
    The jailbreak kinda bugged the phone anyway
    That's right, this JB has corrupted some system files, and even restoring the phone using iTunes won't fix this (

@thread
    You can restore using iTunes but you don't have to - when iOS 8 comes live, just plug-in your iPhone to PC, open iTunes, press check for updates. You'll be prompted that there is new software version available, and if you want or not update your phone. If you do update, the JB and all tweaks will be gone, and you'll receive. System like it would never be jailbroken, with all your apps been untouched.
    09-01-2014 03:30 AM