iTunes 12 leaves latest podcasts in cloud - Why?

I

iMore Question

Hi all

I'm using the Yosemite beta 10.10 and have found a weird thing I can't work out - yep I've sent a feedback to Apple but thought I'd drop by and ask in case I'm doing something wrong.

I use iTunes for podcasts and for some reason it won't download them to my drive instead showing the Cloud icon. So this is annoying as I don't want to use cellular data whilst driving to listen to podcasts. Here's my set up:

Macbook Pro and iPhone 5s.
I subscribe to a few podcasts and my podcast settings are - Subscribed = on.

Limit episodes = off
Download episodes = on
Delete played episodes = on

The problem I'm finding is even though I hit the refresh button, it shows the latest episodes but leaves them in the cloud. So I'm clicking the cloud icon with the down arrow to get them on to my hard drive. Annoying for sure - imagine having to do that to every single episode that comes in as new but instead of downloading like it use to it just hangs in the cloud. Then I sync my iPhone and go out for a drive and oh wait - I have to turn on cellular downloading to listen to the damn thing I thought I'd downloaded. Not good.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong - I've got the latest beta so I have no idea why this suddenly is not working how it logically should. If I want to leave them in the cloud I should be able to have the choice.

Any help is much appreciated.

thanks
Rob

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't have iTunes 12 or Yosemite installed so I can't test it out for you. Sorry. Hopefully, this will get fixed soon.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner