How do you delete an e-mail address from the icloud

I

iMore Question

I do not want to delete the icloud; I want to delete an e-mail address from an icloud. I have tried to remove the e-mail address and then have tried to use that removed e-mail address for a new icloud but I get an error message that the e-mail is still being used and cannot be used for the new icloud account.

Any thoughts?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
What your saying is that you want to use a new email address for your existing iCloud account?

If so certain email accounts can't be used if they are associated with the iCloud account.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I do not want to delete the iCloud;
Okay
I want to delete an e-mail address from an iCloud.
Login to "Manage Your Apple ID via www.appleid.apple.com and then delete the iCloud email address from the "alternate" list. You cannot delete it if it is your "primary" account ID.
I have tried to remove the e-mail address and then have tried to use that removed e-mail address for a new icloud but I get an error message that the e-mail is still being used and cannot be used for the new icloud account.

Any thoughts?
Contact Apple to get this straightened out.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If those are your only email accounts, it might be easier to just create another email account. I have 7. :)

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5