on android devices, there are three buttons on the bottom of the touch screen, home, running apps, and back.
    is it possible to somehow put that, or something similar on a jailbroken iphone?
    attached is a picture of the soft keys, in case you dont know what im talking about.
    Is it possible to get soft buttons?-soft-keys.png
    08-25-2014 02:22 PM
    I've never seen any jb tweak for something like this.

Sent from my Death Note powered by iOS
    08-25-2014 02:39 PM
    If the device you use has a touchID sensor, there's a tweak called Virtual Home on Cydia. It uses the finger detection ring around the touchID sensor to detect finger touches instead of presses. It does not have to be the correct fingerprint, any finger works.

This will only work with the iPhone 5S however (and future iDevices, duh) because it requires a method to detect touches on the home button which is only available on te iPhone 5S.

If you do not have a 5S, get a tweak like SPTouch or Assistive+, which makes a movable home button on the screen itself. Move it near the bottom and you get something close to the Android one. It really gets annoying when you try to play games though, since it's always sitting there and annoying you.
    08-25-2014 02:42 PM
    im actually more concerned with having the back and recents app buttons, since the home is already there.
    is there a universal swipe for back?
    08-26-2014 07:39 AM
    im actually more concerned with having the back and recents app buttons, since the home is already there.
    is there a universal swipe for back?
    Well, in most apps, a swipe from the left edge to the right is a back swipe. It works in basically every app, and almost every app that hasn't reserved the swipe for some other function (the iMore forums app for example reserves swipes for page switching, so it doesn't work as a back button).

I think that the Android back button does a bit more than that, right? Since you can go back from basically anywhere on the iOS to where you were previously? I don't think you can replicate that entirely in iOS.

And the recent apps button is just a double tap on the physical home button, and all of the tweaks I mentioned above can do that too, so it's your choice if you want a hard button or soft button for that.
    08-26-2014 08:10 AM