I have been without a home computer for some time now and I haven't been able to update my iOS on my iPhone 4. I don't want to delete my photos or music, but is there a way that I can either upload my music to relieve space on my iphone so I can update the iOS then put the music back on? OR can I do the same thing with my photos to temporarily relieve space so I can update my iOS then put the photos back on? Can I take my iphone to an apple store and get it updated somehow without deleting anything? Apparently I need about 3.5G to update the iOS, so I have to relieve about 1.5G of space to make room for that. Please help.
    08-25-2014 11:44 AM
    If you purchased your music via iTunes then you can go ahead and delete it off of your device and then reinstall it via the purchased section of the iTunes app on your device. As for your photos, do you have a cloud storage account (Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive) that you can upload the photos to and then re-download them using the associated service's app after you've finished updating iOS? Finally, yes, you can take your device to a nearby Apple Store to have them update iOS for you. I recommend you make an appointment first.
    joemd60 likes this.
    08-25-2014 12:25 PM
    You can also delete apps that don't contain anything important, then reinstall later. Even paid apps.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    08-25-2014 01:11 PM