When you buy apps and games for iPad and iPhone are they two separate app stores? Or can you buy an app for your phone and have it on your iPhone and iPad, similar to Android? I ask because I want to get an iPhone and iPad and want to know with certainty before I buy them.
    08-24-2014 11:41 AM
    Hello.. most of the apps/games are common for iPad/iPhone. The ones which are same will be pushed automatically to the other device if not, then you can navigate to "Purchased" section in Updates tab and click on "Not on this iPhone/iPad"
    A895 likes this.
    08-24-2014 11:52 AM
    They are only pushed if you have it set for automatic downloads. Most can be downloaded on both without issue.
    A895 likes this.
    08-24-2014 12:04 PM
    Sounds like I am getting an iPad and iPhone then, thanks guys.
    08-24-2014 12:21 PM
    Good for you. Enjoy
    A895 likes this.
    08-24-2014 12:57 PM
    Any iPhone app can be played on an iPad although if the dev only created an iPhone (rather than universal) version it will have large letter boxing around it on all sides or you can use it in 2x size but that usually looks pretty bad.
    An iPad only app will not play on an iPad.
    A universal app will play and look good on both devices. A universal app has a '+' next to the price tag to let you know it works on both.
    Most devs seem to create universal apps but there are some that create separate versions optimized for the iPhone and iPad (see Fruit Ninja and Fruit Ninja HD) with the iPad version sometimes being listed with 'HD' as part of the app name. But that naming convention is only a convention not something devs have to follow.
    A895 and agarwal.apar like this.
    08-24-2014 01:56 PM