Can I upgrade my iPhone 3G to be able to use the newer games and apps?

I

iMore Question

Please somebody help me. I have a iphone 3g that was given to me. It was originally a At&t phone but I switched it over to a straight talk phone. I hate this phone so much. I can't update it, jailbreak it or anything. I can't update itunes it is version 2.2 and everytime I try to update it to a newer version it won't let me do it. I get a error code 9006 and there is another code to which at this moment I can't remember. I can't download a thing because it says I need the 6.0 version. It freezes. I've emailed apple support over 2 weeks ago have had no response I can't send pic messages and when I'm not around wifi it will not let me go on the web it says that I need a data package. I have this with straight talk. PLEASE HELP ME ANYBODY!!!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
iphone 3g

I'm sorry, but you have the second iPhone ever made. Technology has changed a good deal since that particular iPhone was introduced, and it can no longer handle the apps that are available in the App Store. Furthermore, Its iOS version cannot be updated past 4.2.1. Sorry. As for surfing the web, yes, you will need a data plan.

Last edited:

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: iphone 3g

Seems to me you have more problems with the computer than the phone itself! As ^ said! your phones a bit outdated, and there's not much you can do about that. Jail breaking should already be out of the question. It does all the basic things a phone needs to do.. (Phone, Texting, Mail and Safari)

If I were you, I'd keep the phone nice and clean. Try to download the least amount of apps you can (not sure there's much), then keep saving up money for a new phone! Once the 6 comes out sometime in September, a 4 or 4S will be close to nothing in price! Try to hold out a bit longer!