Daughter Switches from iPhone To Galaxy (Problems)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My daughter,a school teacher, just switched from an iPhone to a Galaxy. She's having problems with people with iPhones not receiving her texts. Yes, she turned off "Find My iPhone" and "iMessage". I told her it may take a couple of weeks or so for the Apple servers to recognize the change. Have we missed anything? Thanks!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I think you took care of everything. Hopefully, this will correct itself in a few days. I just recently switched my 2nd line from a 4S to a GS5 & it only took a day for my texts to iPhones to start working right.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
That's very annoying. I like to switch my phones around but I always keep an iPhone on my primary line because of this.
Sent from my SUPER HOT Nokia Lumia 1520 via Tapatalk

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
It's always an issue for me too. What happens is, her friends probably still have a thread open for iMessage. They have to delete it and sometimes they'll have to delete her number and re-add it.

Tomaburque

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I know the fix. She should go to supportprofile.apple.com, log in with her Apple ID and delete the iphone she no longer uses and the Apple message servers will no longer try to deliver her texts to the iphone she's no longer using. It's a flaw in the way iMessage and they need to fix that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods