I'm fairly new to iPhone. So far I've found that the reminder function isnt optimal. I wonder if I'm just using it wrong?

When I schedule an event in my phone I'd like to be made aware when its coming up. So far I've found that I can set alerts, but if I dont do that there's no reminder. If I check my schedule it'll be there, but thats about it. With setting alerts, I can do that but its an extra step. With my Blackberry I didnt need to do that.

Another issue, this one I dont think we'll be able to do anything about but it'd be awesome if we can. For Facebook events a lot of them are random ones that I never signed up for, just got invited to. Is there some way to remove the irrelevant ones from my calendar while still keeping the relevant ones? For example if some random FB group invites me to a conference call on say the law of attraction I dont need to hear about such nonsense (esp when I've never clicked join group or yes i'll attend). If I have a party to go to on the other hand, I'd very much like a reminder.

Thanks!
    Dan
    08-18-2014 09:32 AM
    I'm fairly new to iPhone. So far I've found that the reminder function isnt optimal. I wonder if I'm just using it wrong?

When I schedule an event in my phone I'd like to be made aware when its coming up. So far I've found that I can set alerts, but if I dont do that there's no reminder.
    How else will you be reminded if the device doesn't alert you?
    If I check my schedule it'll be there, but thats about it. With setting alerts, I can do that but its an extra step. With my Blackberry I didnt need to do that.
    Unfortunately, the iPhone is not a Blackberry. Still, there are a ton of reminder apps in the App Store that may be more suitable to your needs.

Another issue, this one I dont think we'll be able to do anything about but it'd be awesome if we can. For Facebook events a lot of them are random ones that I never signed up for, just got invited to. Is there some way to remove the irrelevant ones from my calendar while still keeping the relevant ones? For example if some random FB group invites me to a conference call on say the law of attraction I dont need to hear about such nonsense (esp when I've never clicked join group or yes i'll attend). If I have a party to go to on the other hand, I'd very much like a reminder.

Thanks!
    Dan
    I don't have a Facebook account or use it's app so hopefully, someone else will chime in in regard to this situation.
    08-18-2014 09:43 AM
    Calendar events have more flexibility than reminders if you just want it to show up on a schedule then add an event to your calendar and you have a choice of having 0, 1, or 2 alerts for your calendar event.
    08-18-2014 09:49 AM
    The part about Facebook invites was a bit confusing. You set your Facebook notifications in the Facebook settings. If you set to receive invites and events, you just add the ones you want to your calendar. But maybe I misunderstood.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    08-18-2014 10:10 AM