Could someone be tapping my phone?

I

iMore Question

Hello,

I've been noticing some strange activity with my iPhone 5s lately. I was typing a message and when i pressed the "c" key it deleted the entire text! The message was blank and this has never occurred before.

I also noticed there was a blocked number on my phone that I don't remember blocking, I looked back at my bill and saw that this number has been texting me for almost a year now! I never replied, assuming because the number was blocked and the messages didn't show (it still shows on the bill).

I unblocked them to see who they are, gave them a call, and got error message pps6180 (meaning it's a payphone with no minutes).

I don't remember blocking this number at all. Could it be that someone has access to my phone? I've only had the 5s for a few months. I hope I am being overly paranoid.

Thank you :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Odd things happen on these mini computers we call smartphones. No one's tapping your phone. But you might want to keep that number blocked. It was blocked for a reason. It might happen again.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
You might want to restore it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. This is what I would do. Seriously doubt anyone has tampered with it unless it's been left unlocked in a place with rather unsavoury people.

Sent from my beautiful Gold 64G iPhone 5s using the iMore Forums app

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner