Which Laptop Should I Buy???

sophpappas

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm entering my senior year in high school and I need my own laptop for college apps, etc. I'm not sure what my major is going to be, but it will be somewhere in medical, law or journalism with an art minor so I need a computer that can hold up to any possible future requirements. I like that the Air is cheaper and lighter- can it hold up? Any and all advice please!!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
"Can it hold up?"

Yes. Truthfully, any computer you can buy these days will hold up to being used in your case because you're not going to be really asking much of it in terms of raw processing power in regards to the very widely varying degree paths you mentioned.

Good luck with college, lol. You've got some pretty daunting paths listed up there...and just a bit of advice, drop the art minor, lol!

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
The Air sounds like it will be the best fit for you. I'd just recommend upgrading to 8 GB of RAM. That will future proof it for a little while.

Side note: I'm also a senior in HS right now, and looking to go into either Architecture or Computer Programming/Science. I am choosing the MacBook Pro with Retina, because I need all the processing I can to render full houses in 3D and stuff like that. But for you, an Air should work very well. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711