I'm having a difficult time resetting the iPhone to its factory settings. Can you help me?

I

iMore Question

so my mom took my phone to her brother who has been fixing the families Iphone screens, well he never fixed an Iphone 5c before and after we got it back together with the new screen it had these evenly spaced blocks from one side of the screen to the other. So my mom decided to just eat the cost and have a new phone shipped back to us. However the problem is we have to reset the phone back to factory settings and I can not (after replacing the old screen) connect my iphone to the computer or itunes. At first I continued to get the NAND error so I researched this and discovered that it was the camera. So I tried a hard reset of the phone and when it turned back on the screen turned red. So I checked out that, now I am home and have plugged it into my car charger thinking it needed to charge (the screen was black but lit up like the back light was on) I got home and plugged it into my computer and nothing. Now I am only getting the apple logo on my screen. I've tried to hold down the home button and tried plugging it into the wall and still nothing. I don't know what to do and I'm getting rather frustrated about it. Please help me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If your mom opted to "eat the cost and have a new phone shipped", I'm assuming she contacted Apple, told her the situation and they are sending her a new one. If that's the case, simply send them the current device as-is. They are already aware that you're having screen-related problems with it. If I misunderstood your post, my apologies.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If she got a new phone to replace it, why do you need to restore it to factory settings? You could have done that without connecting to iTunes. 1. Turn Find My iPhone off. 2. Turn iMessage off. 3. Go to settings>General>reset> erase all content and settings. Maybe her brother could remove the screen and check everything and put it back.