Hi there. I have been hired to answer calls from my home. I need to run windows8. I want to download it to my mac and i don't have the funds to buy a pc. Can I download windows8 with out them knowing I have a mac? To them will it all look the same? OR will it all run properly? (there software?) Thanks!
    08-12-2014 11:44 AM
    Hi there. I have been hired to answer calls from my home. I need to run windows8. I want to download it to my mac and i don't have the funds to buy a pc. Can I download windows8 with out them knowing I have a mac? To them will it all look the same? OR will it all run properly? (there software?) Thanks!
    There is in fact a legitimate way to run Windows on a Mac, supported by Apple, using a product called Boot Camp. Read about it here:

https://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/
    pkcable likes this.
    08-12-2014 11:46 AM
    It will run all the programs and apps the same as if you were directly using a Windows machine.
    08-12-2014 11:47 AM
    There is in fact a legitimate way to run Windows on a Mac, supported by Apple, using a product called Boot Camp. Read about it here:
    Have you personally used it? Does it work with developer tools (xcode, iphone sim)? I tried some bootleg partition and it just didn't work
    08-12-2014 03:38 PM
    Have you personally used it? Does it work with developer tools (xcode, iphone sim)? I tried some bootleg partition and it just didn't work
    I have never used it personally, but many have and it works for them quite well. Since you ran a bootleg, maybe there were some incompatibilities, but if it was an official version, it may be fine.
    08-12-2014 04:22 PM
    Xcode only runs on the "Mac side". As does the iPhone simulator.
    Bootcamp runs in a separate hard drive partition and requires a licensed copy of Windows to be installed in it. It is then indistinguishable from any other pc running Windows. Thus the Bootcamp partition can run any Windows software including that used for development such as Visual Studio, Eclipse, etc.
    08-12-2014 04:28 PM