WhichMac -- MacBook Pro or MacBook Air? -- 11", 13", or 15" -- should I get (mainly for music use)

I

iMore Question

WhichMac -- MacBook Pro or MacBook Air? -- 11", 13", or 15" -- should I get (mainly for music use)

First time poster. I have a 4 year old MacBook and will get a new computer soon.

I am deciding between the MacBook Pro 13" or 15". (Or what about the MacBook Air?) I will use this primarily for storing, playing and editing music, both audio CD and video DVD. Best quality (lossless). I am trying to create a "jukebox"--both audio and video--and dispense with physical media.

I need a computer that will--with a cable if need be--play audio through the TV speakers and video through the TV, with no physical disc. Thanks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: WhichMac -- MacBook Pro or MacBook Air? -- 11", 13", or 15" -- should I get (mainly for music u

Personally, I'd go with the 13-inch MacBook Pro, however, you can compare the Macs via the following link and see for yourself which one you think is the best fit for your specific needs.

Apple - Mac - Compare Mac models

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: WhichMac -- MacBook Pro or MacBook Air? -- 11", 13", or 15" -- should I get (mainly for music u

What exactly do you mean by "music editing"? I mean from what it seems most of your concern lies with storing the files and playing them back (something even your existing Macbook can do just fine). Is there something else you need the computer to do that I'm not seeing here?