Unable to activate my iphone 4

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
hi i am new to this forum. just purschased a second hand iphone 4. after starting the mobile it is asking me for apple id of the old user but when i asked the owner about the id and password he said he don't know the password. He even tried to reset it but he don't remember any of his details he used during creating his id. can anyone on this forum help me with this issue? how to remove that account from my phone?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore, and on purchasing your iPhone. Having said that, there is nothing we can do for you to rectify the situation with being unable to activate an iPhone that has an iCloud activation lock enabled. You really should seek to be reimbursed by the person who sold it to you.

Last edited:

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
A hard reset solves such issues on other platform but not working on iphone. First iphone of my life and a very bad experience too. Can apple service centre help me with it?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
A hard reset solves such issues on other platform but not working on iphone. First iphone of my life and a very bad experience too. Can apple service centre help me with it?
No. They might help the original owner if he could prove ownership, but even then Apple might not be able to unlock it. Try as already suggested and get your money back from the person who sold it to you. If he refuses, all you can do is sell it for parts. Other platforms are adding similar safety features now as well. So it's not just Apple's iPhone. These safety features have prevented many phones from being stolen. Thieves now see they are worthless without the proper credentials to unlock the phone. :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

The bad experience is not in regard to the iPhone, but in regard to the fact that you purchased an iPhone with a security lock enabled, probably by the original owner to prevent use of it in case of theft. Is it possible that the person you bought it from isn't the original owner and was just trying to make a fast buck?

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Seems like you've been bamboozled. Try to get ahold of the original owner, or whoever you bought it from. They should have disabled the lock before they sold it to you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods