Video Player - Accessing video files - Saving your place in a video

icu

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Since getting my iPad there's one thing that continues to bug me. I will sometimes download videos in different apps and what I'd like to do is to be able to access those files via my preferred video player and I want that video player to save my spot in each video. Any help would be greatly appreciate. I'm coming from Android where everything can access everything else at any time. What's the easiest solution to this?

For an example let's say I downloaded an iMore review from YouTube using Amerigo, MxTube, Titan Player etc.

It's my experience that I cannot access that file from any other application - even a file explorer. Is this true?

I have figured out how to export the video to the camera roll - but as far as I can tell I can't access even camera roll files via VLC.

Is there another video player that could access camera roll videos? Is there a better way to get the videos into VLC (or other player)? And will VLC or another player save my place in multiple video files - I don't know that it does this by default?

Thanks. It's a minor thing in the grand scheme of things, but it would just make my iPad life that much better.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried playing the videos using the native "Videos" app on your iPad?

icu

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, and that's what I do now. There's no issue playing the files. My main concern is that it doesn't save my place in the video so right now I try to memorize the time I stop watching so I can scroll to it later on. I'd be fine if the default video player saved my spot. If there is a way to get this to happen I'd be all set I guess.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, and that's what I do now. There's no issue playing the files. My main concern is that it doesn't save my place in the video so right now I try to memorize the time I stop watching so I can scroll to it later on. I'd be fine if the default video player saved my spot. If there is a way to get this to happen I'd be all set I guess.

Oh okay. I see what you're saying...:)