Iphone 4 keeps restarting after apple logo

I

iMore Question

hello everybody,

I've faced with an issue that any forum couldn't help me. Earlier today my iphone 4 parts had arrived. I bought a new frond screen, back glass and a new battery. So i changed everything as in youtube video guides, and after all things when i plugged my iphone to the wall it just keeps restarting after apple logo. Tried everything: restore on itunes, hard restart, etc... Nohing could help me. Maybe i should charge my battery for more amount of time? If not, i don't have more clues what to do..

If someone faced with this kind of issue and managed to clear it away please post here.
Looking forward to ya'll replies ASAP!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Retrace your steps to make sure everything is connected properly.
2. Let the battery charge for about an hour with the phone OFF.
3. Turn on the phone and see if it will boot to the home screen.
4. Since you've already reset the device, you may have to put it in DFU Mode and then restore via iTunes.

Wilfried15

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for quick reply, JustMe'D,

i can leave it to charge for an hour but it will restart by it self all the time, because it wont turn off until i unplug it from the cable. or maybe i should try to charge it while it's into dfu mode?

and when i try to restore with itunes at dfu mode the phone turns on and the same thing.. keeps restarting and itunes is saying: waiting for an iphone..

any clues for those kind of issues?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for quick reply, JustMe'D,

i can leave it to charge for an hour but it will restart by it self all the time, because it wont turn off until i unplug it from the cable. or maybe i should try to charge it while it's into dfu mode?

and when i try to restore with itunes at dfu mode the phone turns on and the same thing.. keeps restarting and itunes is saying: waiting for an iphone..

any clues for those kind of issues?
No, but how long are you waiting? Are you certain the new battery isn't defective? Do you still have the old battery? If so, you might try putting it back in just to see if you're able to successfully restore your device and then exchange it for the new battery.

Wilfried15

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
ty for advice. replaced the new battery with the old one, and the exact same problem is appearing, keeps restarting after apple logo.. so if it isnt battery, what is the problem?

YatBob

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
My iPad2 did this last month, constantly restarting for 20+ hours and no matter what I did it would not stop then suddenly it stopped restarting, when I was finally able to use it again my photo app had several hundred odd shaped, multi colored images along with my photos, I delete all of the objects, restored my iPad as new and has been fine ever since, what happened I have not a clue.

Wilfried15

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
good to hear, that u went okay, but u are saying that u left it to charge for 20+ hours?

also i can stop the restarting thing by going to itunes mode ( when on the screen itunes logo and recharge cable is on) does it make any difference?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
good to hear, that u went okay, but u are saying that u left it to charge for 20+ hours?

also i can stop the restarting thing by going to itunes mode ( when on the screen itunes logo and recharge cable is on) does it make any difference?

Yes. Seeing the iTunes logo and the USB cable depicted on the screen means your device is in recovery mode. You have no choice but to restore via iTunes, and as stated, above, restore as new and not from a backup...At least not initially. Also make sure your computer is connected to the internet.

Wilfried15

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Seeing the iTunes logo and the USB cable depicted on the screen means your device is in recovery mode. You have no choice but to restore via iTunes, and as stated, above, restore as new and not from a backup...At least not initially. Also make sure your computer is connected to the internet.

yes, have tried that recently and it gave me itunes error "unknown error 21" so dunno what to do now..

Wilfried15

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
thanks for the fix,
but it still wont work... i do all steps carefully, now i got itunes error 23.. i am barely crying of spending much cash for those parts and the phone is not working fine...

Wilfried15

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
quick notice: now when i try to restart the iphone while connected to the wall it restarts and pops out the itunes recovery logo :D what the hell is going on with my phone...

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't think he meant it's a brick, I think what he is saying is that it's just time to buy a new phone instead of trying to fix an old iPhone 4.

Wilfried15

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I don't think he meant it's a brick, I think what he is saying is that it's just time to buy a new phone instead of trying to fix an old iPhone 4.

i would want a new one like 5 or 5s.. even 4s would be nice, but i can't afford one.. also as i said, its just hard to deal with that i spend cash and much time to bring my oldie back to life without a luck..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh