Hi guys, I'm trying to unlock an iPhone 4s from AT&T to use on T-Mobile. I purchased it off ebay. I've contacted AT&T several times to try and get it unlocked despite not being a customer. I've come to the conclusion that I must buy an unlock from a 3rd party.

I've paid iDeviceGuys [redacted] to unlock it, however, I believe it's probably a scam.

I'm looking into other sites such as
    att-iphone-unlock.com [Redacted]
    cellunlocker.net [redacted]

Has anyone used these services recently? How was your experience?
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 08-04-2014 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Removed prices
    08-04-2014 03:16 PM
    Welcome to iMore wulahn

We don't recommend any service in General and don't offer an unlock service here on iMore but you do have options now that the Government is changing the law to make it legal to unlock your cellphone
    08-04-2014 03:39 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

Out of curiosity, how do these people who advertise unlocking services even get them unlocked? Is it some sort of at&t inside connection? or perhaps something else?
    08-04-2014 06:14 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

Out of curiosity, how do these people who advertise unlocking services even get them unlocked? Is it some sort of at&t inside connection? or perhaps something else?
    Something like that, yes.
    08-04-2014 07:04 PM
    This has been debated here quite a bit so I will link you an interesting thread will had here a while back

http://forums.imore.com/showthread.php?t=278545
    08-04-2014 07:04 PM
    Chronic Unlocks is pretty well regarded in the unlocking world. I've also used Unlock Streak (they were giving away a free unlock every few days here in the forums a while ago) on my iPhone 5 successfully. Good luck!
    09-16-2014 03:48 PM
    Chronic Unlocks is pretty well regarded in the unlocking world. I've also used Unlock Streak (they were giving away a free unlock every few days here in the forums a while ago) on my iPhone 5 successfully. Good luck!

DO NOT TRUST CHRONIC UNLOCKS!!!

I have used them and Cellunlocker.net and because of a $5 difference I went with ChronicUnlocks and got ripped off! They/He refuses to reply back to emails concerning issues for days and will not refund your money if it doesn't work (even though their refund policy says they will)...he will flat out argue with you and call you a liar.
    09-16-2014 04:36 PM