Iphone update - cable and itunes but i'm touring with no option to plug in! HELP!

I

iMore Question

Hello!

So I'm touring the UK at the moment and only have my ipad and phone for tech. The phone has been bugging for a while now to update the OS so I cleared some space and set it going only to have it go to the cable and itunes logo part way through. What can I do please? I need my phone as it's used for all my business dealings and there is stuff on there that isn't backed up (voice recordings from that day etc). Can anyone please help me? Holding down the home button and off switch hasn't managed to bypass it. I can't lose this material.

Thank you

Em x

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello!

So I'm touring the UK at the moment and only have my ipad and phone for tech. The phone has been bugging for a while now to update the OS so I cleared some space and set it going only to have it go to the cable and itunes logo part way through. What can I do please? I need my phone as it's used for all my business dealings and there is stuff on there that isn't backed up (voice recordings from that day etc). Can anyone please help me? Holding down the home button and off switch hasn't managed to bypass it. I can't lose this material.

Thank you

Em x

Your iPhone has been placed into recovery mode. You will need to connect your device to a computer and initiate the iTunes app to recover. Alternatively, "from what I've read", you can use TinyUmbrella to exit out of recovery mode w/out losing your data, but you will still need to connect the device to a computer.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Regardless how you go about it, you're going to need a computer to put your phone back in functioning order.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711